Saturday, February 13, 2010

Dresses and Drawers: True Vintage Bliss

Further to my trip down Queen Street yesterday, I also dropped into Dresses and Drawers @ 135 Port Road Queenstown on the way.  


There is a surprising amount of retro and vintage clothing, shoes, hats, bags, jewellery and other antique bric-a-brac to be found here.  I found myself gasping at some of the amazing dresses, in particular there were some amazing 50s dresses, and costume wear.


I tried on a whole heap of vintage dresses; everything from bridal to ball-gowns and back and discovered that being a size 8 is such a different story these days.  How depressing!


Anyhoo, I do recommend giving Dresses and Drawers a visit, particularly if you like sifting through thoroughly, as there is plenty to be found if you're willing to look.


I have also posted a pic of me, in a state of depression over not fitting into a vintage wedding dress, circa 1950, size 8.  I'm just going to tell myself that it was heavily altered to make myself feel better...









No comments:

Post a Comment